9.21.2005

Bastardizing Blog

Been wanting to write, but lately I’ve been blogsausted. I’ve discovered myself morphing whole or parts of the word blog into new words. I call it Blocabulary. I am a child of the 80s, when Sniglets were running rampant. It's not an excuse, just an observation.
blogsausted: just plain tuckered
blog block: a more specific version of writer’s block
blogophobia: fear of blogging
blogbsessed: can’t stop reading/writing/commenting on blogs
blidiot: a blogger no one can stand
blix: getting your blog fix
Sniglet: not my word, but here are some old favs...
Blurfle (bler' ful) - v. To be caught talking at the top of one's lungs when the music at the bar or disco suddenly stops. (note ancient word "disco")
Arachnidiot (ar ak ni' di ot) - n. A person, who, having wandered into an "invisible" spider web, begins gyrating and flailing about wildly. (this happened to me yesterday, but the spider web was real)
Chalktrauma (chawk' traw ma) - n. The body's reaction to someone running his fingernails down a chalkboard. (the vision comes to mind of everyone's hair standing on end in "Better Off Dead")
napjerk (np-jrk) - n. The sudden convulsion of the body just as one is about to doze off. (especially funny to watch when someone did it in the middle of math class)

Is there a word for the person who is avoiding doing anything except half-blogging?

5 comments:

PFG said...

I guess it depends on what you're avoiding.
ehrzelr: babylonian king

cjblue said...

Yaaaay! Sniglets for a new generation. I'm loving your blog and hey, if pfg over there is a regular reader and commenter, you *know* you're doing something right. I wish you guys could meet! Writerchick, head over to pfg's blog and wish her a happy birthday, it's on Sunday!

And I'm heading out there tomorrow for birthday par-TAY. Woohoo! Wanna come with me?

cjblue said...

OK you blogcrastinator...time for a new post!
XOXO
R

cjblue said...

Perhaps I will post a comment every day until you post a new blogspot. Scared yet? You should be.

cjblue said...

Hi! It's my note du jour. Come over! Or better yet, BLOG SOMETHING ALREADY!!! I've got blognui heah.