8.24.2011

Facebook Keeps Me Lazy

It is so much easier to post a status and go...and then come back, post again, read someone else's post, comment, and end up wasting an hour. I used to use that hour to blog here. For the past few years, I forgot I even had a blog. I used to think, "Wow, now there is something to write about!" and put fingers to the keyboard. Now I think in "statuses" - which generally are less than 30 words. I don't begrudge a status - it's good practice for my editing skills when the statuses in my head start out as a paragraph.

But, maybe it's time to get back into the habit of blogging. I write for a living, so I write all day long. I love what I do, but it's not my stuff. It's someone else's. With lots of rules and no swearing allowed.

Here I can write what I want. I can vent a little. Maybe it will progress into a daily "me" writing habit and I'll get my ass moving on the middle grade and YA novels I've had in my computer for years (so long that I had to remove a pay phone reference and replace with texting). And then I read my novel in progress and think wow, what happens next?? And I don't know because I didn't write it yet. Duh.

So hopefully this is a start to what happens next. :)

No comments: